Going to the dentist. It’s fair to say that it is something that we all know we need to do, but something that most of us fear and dread!
Making your own appointments and working up the courage to actually go to the dentist is one of the true hallmarks of proper adulthood, but the question is, how often should you actually be going through with it?
Here at Suncoast Dental, we are committed to making sure that the oral health and hygiene of our patients is the absolute best in the region.
To ensure that, you definitely need to know how often you should be visiting!
From an expert dentist in Maroochydore, here are some tips for how often you should be visiting the dentist.
- As an adult, it is generally recommended that you commit to making an appointment for a regular dental check-up once every six months.
- Going to the dentist two times a year is frequent enough for a professional to be able to pick up on any premature signs of damage or decay from one visit to the next.
- Leaving appointments any longer than once every six months can result in you developing decay or gum disease issues that have moved past the preventative stage. Most of the fillings and crowns that are carried out by dentists are on patients who have gone years between appointments.
- It’s important to note, of course, that this six-monthly routine is for those who are not experiencing any pain or discomfort. Toothache is always a symptom of a bigger problem, so if you find yourself going through a painful time with your mouth and gums, then the six-monthly recommendation is ignored and your goal should be to get to a dentist as soon as possible.
- In most cases, the fear of sitting in the dentist chair is nowhere near as high as the pain you might feel from an infected nerve or gum disease, so don’t be afraid to make that appointment!
So, if you think that it is about time you made an appointment for a dentist in Maroochydore, then please don’t hesitate to contact us.
There will always be a member of the team on hand to answer any questions that you have, and we can make you an appointment in no time at all. We very much look forward to hearing from you.